10 Statistics That Show Happier Employees Are More Productive
Businesses should always go out of their way to make sure that their employees are happy. Not only does it make their employees feel better while contributing to a better sense of mental wellness, but it may just lead to higher levels of productivity in the workplace, too.
Not convinced? Here’s a look at 10 statistics that express just how important happiness is at work — for employees and employers, too.
1. Happy workers are 20% more productive than their unhappy counterparts
A research study examining the impact of happy employees found that happiness in workers is directly correlated to their levels of productivity. This statistic comes as no surprise since those who feel good about their work are likely to put in added effort and get more done throughout the day.
2. 39% of workers claim that being happier at their place of work would drive them to work harder
What would it take to make an employee put in more effort at work? For 39% of workers, the answer is as simple as experiencing more happiness while at their job.
3. Happy employees are 19% more accurate at their tasks
Not only are happy employees more productive, but they’re also more accurate when completing their daily tasks, too. This means businesses will experience fewer delays at work due to error or inaccuracy.
4. Sales go up 37% for happier salespeople
It’d be hard to sell a product when you’re not thrilled about your job — and statistics support this notion. When employees are happier, they tend to sell more, too. Anyone operating a sales-based company should especially be mindful of the happiness of their employees.
When they are more engaged in their work, it translates over into a company’s overall success.
5. More than 65 percent of managers say that those who work from home are more productive
Home sweet home. There’s nothing like getting to do your work in your pjs, after all. Several telecommuting statistics support the idea that working from home can benefit both a company’s productivity levels and its employees.
6. Employees who establish a balance between their personal lives and their job are twice as happy and more loyal and productive to their employers than those struggling to maintain a balance
A work-life balance is key for employees in any industry. Those who are able to successfully separate their professional life from their private life are happier and more likely to dedicate themselves to their employers when at work.
7. 1 in 3 employees (36%) would give up $5,000 a year in salary to be happier at work
For some people, money can’t buy happiness. Roughly 1 in 3 employees surveyed said that they would rather be happy at work than receive a raise!
8. Over half of employers would take less time off of work and be more productive in the workplace if their employers actively supported their sense of mental wellbeing
An astonishing 57% of workers state that they would perform better at work if they felt that they received the mental health support they deserve from their employers.
9. Workers with depression take 20x more sick days each month
When employers aren’t able to physically make it to their job, not much can get done in terms of productivity or work. Workers experiencing severe depression are much more like likely to call off from work.
Depression can leave you feeling drained, exhausted and in poor health. Keeping workers happy is key to keeping them energetic and in the office.
10. More than three-fourths of employees believe flexibility at work leads to greater productivity
Approximately 77% of employees state that flexible work options are significantly tied to their level of productivity. Since flexible working conditions can make workers happier, it’s crucial that employers always make a point to offer options in the workplace.
When your workers are happy, your business experiences positive benefits, too. A team of happy and healthy workers is more likely to give it their all every day, leading to an environment where both employees and a business can thrive. How do you plan to keep your workers happy?
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- 10 Daily Planner Apps to Organize Your Day
- Productivity Apps and Hacks for Your Android
- 5 Ways Being Effective at Work Makes You Smarter
- 5 Business Productivity Softwares to Level Up Your Team’s Efficiency
- How to Do Work When You’re Tired
- Strategic Planning and Goal Setting Ideas for Businesses in 2020
- How to Automate Your Emails
- How Digital Goal Trackers Work and 5 Best Apps
- How Does Being Efficient in the Workplace Increase Your Effectiveness?
- How to Work While Traveling: 7 Productivity Hacks