Positive affirmations are one of the best ways to help you feel good about your self-image. Body positivity can be a difficult thing to boost, but it’s one of the most important. Loving yourself is crucial.
Positive affirmations are how you can turn your way of thinking into an encouraging one instead of something else. Here are some mantras and things you can say to help you love your body.
1. You are bold, brilliant and beautiful.
This is model Ashley Graham’s go-to, and it definitely seems to be working for her. She’s absolutely crushing it right now — and she says it starts every morning with the positive affirmations she tells herself while looking in the mirror. This is a great choice because it doesn’t just focus on your body, either. It compliments your mind, too.
2. I’m comfortable in my own skin.
If you’re comfortable in your own skin, you project that confidence to everyone you meet. You were born with this body, and it’s important to feel comfortable being yourself.
3. Others’ opinions of my body don’t matter.
You are the only one that matters when it comes to your body. Anyone else’s opinion is irrelevant.
4. I take care of my body by doing ____.
It’s important to acknowledge your body and make sure you’re taking care of it. It could be anything — walking, meditating, spa treatments, eating a healthy breakfast — whatever. Take pride in your body and what you do for it.
5. I love _____ about my body today.
Your favorite thing about your body doesn’t have to be the same every day — or it can be. Saying out loud the things you truly love about your body can make you realize there’s a lot more to love than you thought. Maybe you’re having a fabulous hair day or your legs look awesome in that new dress. Let yourself realize that, and say it proudly.
Get the latest productivity tips sent to your inbox!
Having someone there to continually motivate and encourage you is half the battle. We got you.
6. I’m my own brand of sexy.
A favorite of psychiatrist and author Susan Edelman, this affirmation is a great reminder that you shouldn’t be comparing yourself to societal ideals of “sexy.” Society shouldn’t make you feel bad about how you look. You’re unique, and precisely your own brand of sexy no one else can be. Embrace it.
7. Don’t let your mind bully your body.
We’re taught not to bully other people, so why would we want to bully ourselves? Remind yourself you shouldn’t let yourself be your worst critic. Just because it’s your own body doesn’t mean you should be so hard on yourself.
8. Perfection is just something made up by humans.
Society’s idea of perfection seems to change every five minutes. It’s OK to accept you will never be perfect — because it’s impossible. If you change yourself to try and fit society’s idea of perfection, you’ll never be happy, and you’ll be constantly attempting to change yourself again instead of accepting the beautiful person you are now.
9. I define my worth, and I’m worthy.
No one else defines your worth. Remind yourself how worthy you are every day.
10. My body is a gift that I love and respect.
Be thankful you were born this way. No one else will ever be exactly like you. Love and respect the uniqueness of your body.
11. My body is an instrument, not an ornament.
It’s important to remember our bodies aren’t made to sit there and look pretty. They’re instruments that get us where we need to go and do the things we need to do. We should be focusing on making sure we’re capable and doing those things instead of focusing on trying to make ourselves look “perfect.”
12. There’s more to life than worrying about my weight, and I want to experience that.
Life is so beautiful and there is so much to enjoy. Don’t waste that time obsessing over a few pounds. You want to experience all life has to offer, and that can’t happen if you’re super-focused on your weight.
13. Food is not the enemy, and I thank my food for nourishing me.
We all need to eat. Our bodies need it for nourishment, and food also brings a lot of enjoyment. We shouldn’t deprive ourselves of certain food, nor should we see food as our enemy. It’s necessary for our bodies to function.
Your body is a wonderful thing that’s unlike anyone else’s. Say these things in the mirror. Repeat them. You’re perfect just the way you are, and you should never let yourself forget that.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- 4 Ways to Increase your Empathy
- 4 TED Talks That Will Make You Want to Exercise
- The Science of Touch and How It Improves Relationships
- 10 Tips to Create Time Using Psychology Tricks
- 5 Ways to Become “Lucky”
- Feeling Good About Yourself Is As Easy As This 15-Minute Routine
- Isn’t It Time We Stopped Calling People Health Nuts?
- 7 Things To Unlearn For A Happier Life
- Try These Personal Development Courses When You Feel Off Track
- Daily Rituals to Make You a Better You