15 Audiobooks That Will Help You Be More Charismatic
If you’re ever looking to learn something new, there will probably be a book out there that will teach you everything you want to know. Instead of doing an internet search where anyone can post anything they want, you can read a book written by someone who’s an expert in the topic you’re interested in, even if you want to be more charismatic.
Charisma is a charm that people have when they’re bold and lead others, and it’s something that people strive their whole lives to more fully develop. You don’t need to spend years learning how to be more charismatic from the people around you. Now there are audiobooks you can listen to in your free time, so check out some of the best you can buy to create a more charismatic self:
1. PeopleSmart: Developing Your Interpersonal Intelligence by Mel Silberman
Consider what it means to be charismatic. People have to be able to see something in you that inspires them to follow you. It’s about more than how you dress or what you talk about. The roots of charisma begin with your interpersonal quotient. Silberman walks his readers through scholarly research that proves how you can be more charismatic, even starting today.
2. Conversationally Speaking: Tested New Ways to Increase Your Personal and Social Effectiveness by Alan Garner
This book has been on the market for more than 15 years, but that doesn’t mean its tools don’t still work. Over a million readers have put Garner’s teachings to work and have become better at what charisma helps you do — listen to people and handle criticism with ease. You’ll need to be good at this as you grow the number of people who follow you.
3. Talk to Strangers: How Everyday, Random Encounters Can Expand Your Business, Career, Income, and Life by David Topus
You may not work or live in an environment where you’re around a lot of people every day, which is why you should learn about talking to strangers. Getting better at starting conversations with people you don’t know can change your whole life. Listening to Topus’ book will help your confidence to rise as well as your charisma.
4. Understanding Other People: The Five Secrets to Human Behavior by Beverly Flaxington
To have people understand and trust your charisma, you’ll need to get to know them first. Beverly Flaxington writes about how you can learn about human behavior. Difficult people can be understood in the same ways, and she knows, since she taught a graduate course on it before writing her book.
5. The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism by Olivia Fox Cabane
The best way to trust that what you’re learning will work is to know that it’s been scientifically proven. Cabane provides examples of how researchers raised and lowered the charisma of people in controlled laboratory experiments. She shows how anyone can learn to do the same in themselves.
6. Developing Your Charisma by Tony Alessandra
Alessandra markets his book by calling it a program because it goes in-depth with the skills you need to be charismatic. Once you can master information and have the right tools at hand, you’ll be able to continue your charismatic charm for years to come. It all starts with devoting some of your time to his program.
7. Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Charisma means that you’re a people person, so if you’re not as charismatic as you’d like to be, you’re probably also looking to become more outgoing. Chip and Dan Heath’s book teaches readers how to turn off introverted tendencies. After a smooth transition, you’ll be outgoing in any social group.
Want to be more productive?
Learn how to be more with Productivity Theory's weekly newsletter!
Join 2,000 other subscribers now!
8. The Science of Likability: 27 Studies to Master Charisma, Attract Friends, Captivate People, and Take Advantage of Human Psychology by Patrick King
Ever struggle with finding ways to be likeable? Patrick King wants to show you how you can be welcoming to anyone, gain their trust and make friends with them quickly. Even if someone doesn’t like you, you’ll be able to turn that around.
9. Small Talk Big Results: Chit Chat Your Way to Success! By Diane Windingland
Once you’ve got the attention of the people you want to lead, you’ll have to be able to keep them around. Charisma will help you get there, but being great at small talk will stick your landing. Diane Windingland explains how to be great at small talk so you don’t have to have the same conversations over and over.
10. How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes
After a career of teaching people about the art of communication, Leil Lowndes has written a book with all of her best techniques. After listening to her audiobook, you’ll know how to use your charisma to make a great first impression and work a room. You’ll even learn the secrets of how celebrities and politicians create charisma that charms crowds of millions of people.
11. Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself by Florence Littauer
Florence Littauer spent a lifetime in marriage counseling because she is an expert on personalities. Sometimes to get to know other people, you have to learn about yourself first. She’ll teach you about your personality type and how you can use it communicate and work alongside others.
12. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Charisma is also a skill used to increase your friend group. Dale Carnegie explains how to influence your friends and make new ones, especially through the skill of listening. It’s one of the top ways you can be more charismatic with ease.
13. Games People Play: The Basic Handbook of Transactional Analysis by Eric Berne
When you’re in a social setting and you can tell that you’re playing a game with someone during a conversation or meeting, it can undermine your charisma and self-esteem if you don’t feel like you know what to do. Eric Berne’s tips will teach you how to play the social games you find yourself in. You’ll know every move and how to always come out of conversations on top.
14. It’s Not All About “Me”: The Top Ten Techniques for Building Quick Rapport with Anyone by Robin Dreeke
If anyone knows how to be charismatic and engage with people, it’s Robin Dreeke. He worked for the FBI for 15 years, so he knows all about social and interpersonal skills. Use his methods to connect with others and practice your charismatic charm.
15. The Introvert’s Guide to Success in Business and Leadership by Lisa Petrilli
As an introvert, it may be difficult to feel like you’ve ever mastered charismatic skills if your goal is to change into an extrovert. Lisa Petrilli knows you can be both an introvert and a charismatic person. She’ll show you how to be more social and confident while you embrace all that’s wonderful about being an introvert.
You may not have time to sit down and read a book, but you can always find ways to listen to an audiobook while you’re busy with other tasks. Listening to some of these audiobooks can change how you view your own charisma and show you how to enhance it. You’ll achieve your goals quickly and notice how it changes your life in just a short period of time.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- 16 Quotes from Successful People on How to Increase Your Productivity
- How to Organize Your Life in One Week
- Setting Up Personal Goals for the Week (Plus 5 Goal Examples)
- How to Get Things Done When You’re Depressed
- How to Make a DIY Whiteboard
- Self-Improvement Resources You Should Bookmark Right Now
- What Is the Impact of Technology on Productivity in the United States?
- How To Increase Motivation Mid-Workout
- Fitbit Badge List vs. the Apple Watch Achievement List
- How to Use Four Types of Motivation to Your Advantage