20 Self-Affirmations to Make You Happier
It’s commonly said that actions speak louder than words. Sure, the things you do represent who you are as a person, but words have a power of their own.
Positive words have the power to change how you feel about your day and yourself. That’s why many people rely on positive affirmations to improve their outlook. Affirmations are simple phrases that you can repeat to yourself throughout the day. With regular repetition, an affirmation can help change the feelings that you’ve stored in your subconscious. Typically, they replace negative sentiments, such as doubt, with feelings of strength and capability.
When Should I Say Them?
There’s not necessarily a bad time to recite a self-affirmation, but certain times are more effective than others. One popular time to say them is first thing in the morning. It’s a surefire way to start your day off on the right foot. Also, upon waking, you’re most in touch with the subconscious that you just visited while dreaming; if you say your affirmations then, you have a better chance of molding your subconscious to match the positivity that you’re reciting.
Another good time to say your affirmations is right before bed. This way, they’ll have time to simmer on your subconscious while you sleep. If you think about your affirmations while your subconscious is unlocked, it’s easier for them to make an impact on your way of thinking.
Really, though, you can say an affirmation at any time to reap the positive effects described below. It’s important to remember, however, not to overuse the affirmations that you find most effective. They may lose their luster if you do, so use them when you feel like your mind is most open to their effects, or when you feel that you need positivity most.
Why Should I Say Them?
There are many positives to regularly repeating positive things. It can boost your self-confidence and self-esteem to hear you talk about yourself in a completely positive and loving light. Furthermore, this self-confidence boost will improve your attitude towards the trials and tribulations that affect you. All of these positive improvements will in turn have an effect on your relationships in a positive way, because ties strengthen as you feel more confident and sure of yourself and everything you stand for.
Want to be more productive?
Learn how to be more with Productivity Theory's weekly newsletter!
Join 2,000 other subscribers now!
What Should I Say?
Below are 20 self-affirmations that you can use to achieve these benefits and more. Personalize them to your perceived shortcomings so that you feel an even greater surge in self-confidence.
1 .I love myself and accept myself the way I am.
2. I can do anything I put my mind to.
3. I am successful in whatever I do.
4. I am in control of my life.
5. I feel the joy of abundance.
6. I think like a winner.
7. I have positive energy. I feel vibrant.
8. I feel strong.
9. I can create and achieve whatever I desire.
10. I feel harmony between myself the world around me.
11. I trust myself to make the right decision.
12. I will spread joy and happiness to others today.
13. I am positive in everything I do and say.
14. The universe has everything I need and want.
15. I am important.
16. I am living to my full potential.
17. There is a solution to every problem I face.
18. I make things happen for myself.
19. I embrace my fears.
20. I am hopeful.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- How to Set Goals for 2020 and Actually Achieve Them
- 16 Quotes from Successful People on How to Increase Your Productivity
- How to Organize Your Life in One Week
- How to Plan Your Busy Day With Self Care in Mind
- Setting Up Personal Goals for the Week (Plus 5 Goal Examples)
- How to Get Things Done When You’re Depressed
- How to Have the Most Productive Morning Ever
- How to Make a DIY Whiteboard
- Self-Improvement Resources You Should Bookmark Right Now
- What Is the Impact of Technology on Productivity in the United States?