20 Life Quotes About Change and Growth
There are very few things everyone has in common, but change is one of them. How that change affects you will depend on your life and who you are as a person. Life quotes about change can help you handle the twists and turns happening in your life.
People who are good at going with the flow and adapting to new situations will be able to face changes in their lives without fear or anxiety, but it’s not that way for everyone.
Change can be scary. If you don’t know what to do when it happens, it can even be traumatizing. Understandably, it’s hard for some people to relate change to positive, personal growth. Change doesn’t have to be a bad thing!
Try reading life quotes about change so you can see things in a new light. Not everything is going to stay the same forever, so you may as well start embracing change now.
Not sure how to look at change in a positive light? That’s where life quotes about change come in. You’re bound to find one or two that will carry you through any change your life might have in store.
Print one out, put it up where you can see it or memorize it like a mantra. Wherever life takes you, quotes can get you through challenging times so you can look back on all the change that’s happened and appreciate how you’ve grown from it.
1. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” — Leo Tolstoy
2. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” — Stephen Chbosky
3. “Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.” — Hugh Prather
4. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Roy T. Bennett
5. “We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.” — Harrison Ford
6. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
7. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
8. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” — Albert Einstein
9. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” — Andy Warhol
10. “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” — Friedrich Nietzche
Want to be more productive?
Learn how to be more with Productivity Theory's weekly newsletter!
Join 2,000 other subscribers now!
11. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” — George Bernard Shaw
12. “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” — Maya Angelou
13. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” — Libba Bray
14. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” — Mother Teresa
15. “Some changes look negative on the surface, but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” — Eckhart Tolle
16. “If you always do what you’ve done, you will always get what you’ve always got.” — Ed Foreman
17. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” — Lao Tzu
18. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.” — Wayne W. Dyer
19. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” — Leo Tolstoy
20. “A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.” — Spanish proverb
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- How to Make a DIY Whiteboard
- Self-Improvement Resources You Should Bookmark Right Now
- What Is the Impact of Technology on Productivity in the United States?
- How To Increase Motivation Mid-Workout
- Fitbit Badge List vs. the Apple Watch Achievement List
- How to Use Four Types of Motivation to Your Advantage
- How to Get Your Creativity Back After Experiencing Burnout
- How to Be Less Sensitive to Criticism
- How to Forgive Yourself After Making Mistakes in Life
- Why Relationships Can’t Teach You How to Be Loved
Latest posts by Kayla Matthews (see all)
- 9 of the Best Productivity Apps for Students - October 16, 2019
- Are Remote Workers More Productive Than In-Office Workers? - October 15, 2019
- Work From Home Successfully With These Focus Tips - October 11, 2019