Accept Yourself Quotes for Self-Confidence
If there’s one thing everyone experiences at some point in their lives, it’s a low point. Issues with self-esteem affect nearly everyone — you’re not alone.
So if and when you find yourself questioning your self-worth during challenging times, these accept yourself quotes will remind you to love yourself above all else. It all starts with unconditional love for yourself.
Read on for 17 accept yourself quotes that will help you find the self-confidence you may be lacking in your life.
1. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
2. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” – Andrew Matthews
3. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
4. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
5. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller
Want to be more productive?
Learn how to be more with Productivity Theory's weekly newsletter!
Join 2,000 other subscribers now!
6. “Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.” – Denis Waitley
9. “Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
10. “The mistake ninety-nine percent of humanity made, as far as Fats could see, was being ashamed of what they were; lying about it, trying to be somebody else.” – J.K. Rowling
11. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. We are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
12. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
13. “When you adopt the viewpoint that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world.” – Harry Palmer
14. “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
15. “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” – Alan Cohen
16. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
17. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
Everyone is hard on themselves to an extent, but this kind of behavior is self-destructive and unhealthy. No matter what you’re going through in life, always remember to love yourself above all else. It’s never too late to love and accept you for you.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- 5 Mistakes You’re Making When You’re Planning Your Workday
- Teach Yourself How to Work Faster With These 8 Tips
- 6 Unconventional Ideas to Improve Office Productivity
- How to Be More Motivated at Night
- 7 Secrets to Being Efficient and Effective At Work
- 21 Tips for Success in Life
- Self-Improvement Resources You Should Bookmark Right Now
- 5 Personal Growth Plan Examples
- How To Increase Motivation Mid-Workout
- 10 Time Management Strategies for Young Professionals
Latest posts by Kayla Matthews (see all)
- How to Get Your Life in Order After Being Fired - November 27, 2019
- How to Start a New Life When You’re Feeling Stuck - November 22, 2019
- Short and Long-Term Personal Development Goals for Work - November 22, 2019