Life gets difficult. No matter who you are or where you live, the ups and downs of life will hit you. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t face down adversity while on the roller coaster of life. Sometimes, you need to read some feel-better sayings.
Feel-better sayings pick you up when you get down. These quotes give you the inspiration to keep going when you feel like giving up. They are on posters, you can find them online or you can even make them up yourself. If you need a boost in morale, here are some feel-better sayings to inspire you.
1. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean, most popularly known for his country music and breakfast sausages, sprinkles some of this inspiration into your life. The meaning of this quote probably hits home for a lot of people. Bad things and turbulent times happen — you can’t avoid them. However, what you can control is your attitude toward them.
Navigate the troubles, and you will reach your destination.
2. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
Uttered by H. Jackson Brown Jr., this quote should give you inspiration for all the tomorrows you encounter. It captures the essence of working hard and just focusing all your efforts on today. The best way to prepare for tomorrow is doing whatever you can do today.
3. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn is known for his inspirational quotes and speeches. He’s full of knowledge, and he has a passion for helping people. As you live life, one of the things you learn is that happiness shouldn’t be put off for a future time.
You may want to wait for happiness to fall upon you in the future. Just wait for that better job, that better house, that better life situation. However, what you need to realize is that you need to construct your happiness — and you need to do it today. If not, you will never be happy.
Get the latest productivity tips sent to your inbox!
Having someone there to continually motivate and encourage you is half the battle. We got you.
4. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
It’s simple and it’s true: Your thoughts shape your reality. Is a lot of money really the key to happiness, or is it doing the best with what you have? Any situation can be turned around in an instant. How does this happen? By rearranging your thoughts and taking a brand-new perspective, you end up finding the positive in the situation.
Changing your thoughts turns the situations you see into an opportunity.
5. Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
This saying can help you get through a lot in your life. Walt Whitman, the famous poet, said these words — and it only seems fitting they came from a poet of his esteem. Looking toward the happiness is going to help you get through the tough times. Focus on the happy, and the darkness fades away. Always look for the better part of life and you’ll always see it.
6. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
Coming from Theodore Roosevelt, this quote is about empowerment. So many times, you can get stuck in a rut and you just don’t know what to do. Starting a task seems so hard and you feel weighed down.
Believing in yourself takes a lot of courage, but it’s also the key to succeeding. Know you can do something, and the hardest part is already over.
These quotes are meant to inspire and cheer you up. Whenever life tries to get you down, remember one of these quotes. They hold wisdom and can help you when you need it most.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- No Motivation? No Problem: How to Be Productive
- 7 Health and Fitness Quotes To Get You Through Thanksgiving
- 3 Reoccurring Time Management Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- 10 Songs to Help Boost Your Mood
- 5 Reasons You Should Make More Mistakes
- Six Quotes to Help You Focus
- 5 Quotes to Help Boost Your Self-Confidence
- 5 of the Best Exercises to Increase Endorphins
- These Workout Quotes Will Make You Actually Want To Exercise
- 5 Women Who Are the Epitome of Self-Empowerment