Hold Your Head Up: Quotes for When You’re Feeling Down
We’ve all had days that are far worse than normal. And sometimes it just feels like life is making things extra difficult for you. It’s days like these where some quotes to help you hold your head up can make a huge difference in your mood.
These quotes are the inspirational ones that contain a surprising amount of power in a few short sentences.
If you’re feeling like you can’t take much more in your day, a quote can be the key to hold your head up and take on the rest of your day like a champ.
1. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
2. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Malcom S. Forbes
3. “A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.” – Stephan Hoeller
4. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
5. “What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally and spiritually, you will have to change what you think.” – Dr. Patrick Gentempo
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
7. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
8. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Wooden
9. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Want to be more productive?
Learn how to be more with Productivity Theory's weekly newsletter!
Join 2,000 other subscribers now!
10. “Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday.” – Brian Tracy
11. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison
12. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
13. “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
14. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
15. “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
16. “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins
17. “We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” – Robin Sharma
A bad day is just that – it’s one bad day. Not every day is going to feel like this one, and the ones that aren’t great are the ones that make us appreciate the truly wonderful days when they come along.
Let these quotes inspire and motivate you to keep your head up and be the best person you can be.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like these:
- How to Be Better Every Day by Tweaking Your Routine
- How to Do Work When You’re Tired
- How to Set Goals for 2020 and Actually Achieve Them
- How Does Being Efficient in the Workplace Increase Your Effectiveness?
- The Universal Key to Setting and Achieving Goals
- 16 Quotes from Successful People on How to Increase Your Productivity
- 5 Best Personality Development Apps for Meaningful Self Improvement
- 5 Mistakes You’re Making When You’re Planning Your Workday
- Teach Yourself How to Work Faster With These 8 Tips
- 6 Unconventional Ideas to Improve Office Productivity
Latest posts by Kayla Matthews (see all)
- Productivity Apps and Hacks for Your Android - March 29, 2020
- 5 Ways Being Effective at Work Makes You Smarter - January 29, 2020
- 5 Business Productivity Softwares to Level Up Your Team’s Efficiency - January 29, 2020