Even the most successful and optimistic of individuals struggle with anxiety, depression and a lack of motivation from time to time. While some bouts of high stress can be tougher to combat than others, the simple act of repeating one or two motivational sayings can go a long way in lightening your current mood.
Motivational Quotes For Any Situation
1. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” — Jean-Baptiste Poqeulin (Moliere)
2. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
3. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” — Henry Ford
4. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” — Benjamin E. Mays
5. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” — Amelia Earhart
6. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” — Albert Einstein
7. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Want more quotes and inspirational posts? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Having someone there to encourage you when you’re down can make all the difference. We got you.
8. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” — John Maxwell
9. “No one is wise by birth. Wisdom results from one’s own efforts.” — Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
10. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” — Vince Lombardi
11. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” — Beverly Sills
12. “Men who are resolved to find a way for themselves will always find opportunities enough; and if they do not find them, they will make them.” — Samuel Smiles
13. “If you set goals and go after them will all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” — Les Brown
14. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” — Albert Schweitzer
15. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” — Charles Swindoll
16. “Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.” — Peter Marshall
17. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” — Maria Robinson
18. “There is not great talent without great will power.” — Honore de Balzac
19. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
Finding and Maintaining Your Motivation
There are plenty of motivational quotes that can provide inspiration and boost your morale. For best results, try to find one, or a few, that relate specifically to your line of work, your life goals or your current relationships.
Not only do these quotes-turned-mantras strengthen your coping skills during those down times, but they also help you build resolve and determination for the future.